Brian & Sylvia
September 9th, 2018 • Wellfleet, MA
To kick off the celebrations, join us the evening of Saturday, September 8th for a casual bonfire by the ocean. In the case of inclement weather, check back for plan B.
Saturday, Sept 8th. We'll gather around 5pm but feel free to come and go as you'd like.
Ballston Beach, Truro. Here's a map to the parking lot. Look for us close to the beach entrance, off to the right.
We'll have beach friendly food (think summer picnic), drinks, and of course s'mores for cooking over the fire.
Chequessett Yacht & Country Club, 680 Chequessett Neck Rd, Wellfleet, MA 02667
Park in the main CYCC lot and walk across the street, towards the water, to join us at the boathouse.
5pm, Chequessett boathouse beach
Join us for an intimate beachside ceremony (weather permitting) outside the boathouse on the beautiful Wellfleet tidal flats.
6pm, Chequessett boathouse
Casual dinner and drinks to follow in the boathouse. Beach games, dancing, and sunset watching are also encouraged.
Suggested attire is semi-formal. Keep in mind that the ceremony will be on the beach and that nights on the water can get chilly.
Instead of a traditional registry, we're hoping you'll put a little money towards our honey moon fund rather than a casserole pan. Our honey moon fund, and info on where we're going will be up soon, check back for details!
Logan airport in Boston is the closest large airport. Flying through TF Green in Providence, RI is a great option too. If you're renting a car in Boston or Providence, Wellfleet is roughly a two hour drive.
From Boston, there are two fast ferry companies (Boston Harbor Cruises and Bay State Cruises) that run to Provincetown and are the most fun way to travel. There is also a small municipal airport in Provincetown with flights from Boston. We'd be happy to help you arrange transportation from there if you need.
If you're flying and are interested in carpooling to the Cape, just let us know and we'll connect you with our other friends coming in for the day, weekend, or week.
Because Cape Cod is a popular vacation destination, we advise making accommodation arrangements as soon as you know your travel plans. In addition to lots of inns and hotels, the Cape offers numerous short term rentals which you can find through rental sites, especially since the wedding weekend is technically "off-season."
We suggest looking in Wellfleet, Truro, Provincetown or Eastham as they are closest to the wedding venue but if you need any advice on a location, we're happy to help!
A Few Suggestions...
- The Wagner Inn, Wellfleet, MA
- Crose Nest Resort & Cottages, Truro, MA
- Cottage Grove, Eastham, MA
- The Salt House, Provincetown, MA
- Sage Inn, Provincetown, MA
- Harbor Hotel, Provincetown, MA
- Masthead Resort, Provincetown, MA
- Provincetown Inn at Gabriels, Provincetown, MA
Things to do
If you need a few suggestions, here are some of our favorite places to walk, swim, and adventure on Cape!
Beaches & Trails
- Longnook Beach, Truro
- Nauset Beach, Orleans
- Skaket Beach, Orleans
- Race Point Beach, Provincetown
- Herring Cove Beach, Provincetown
- Marconi Beach & White Cedar Swamp Trail, Wellfleet
- Trails at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, Brewster
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, Wellfleet
- Provincelands Trails, Provincetown (great to bike, rentals can be found in Provincetown)
- Commercial Street, Provincetown
- Dolphin Fleet Whale Watches, Provincetown
- Provincetown Art Association & Museum
- Highland Lighthouse, Truro
- Wellfleet Drive-In, Wellfleet
- Wellfleet Flea Market, Wellfleet
- Mac's Seafood, Provincetown, Wellfleet, & Eastham
- The Canteen, Provincetown
- The Mews, Provincetown
- The Squealing Pig, Provincetown
- Kohi Coffee, Provincetown
- Connie's Bakery, Provincetown
- Blackfish, Truro
- Sweet Escape (ice cream), Truro
- The Wicked Oyster, Wellfleet
- Bol, Wellfleet
- PJ's Seafood, Wellfleet
- PB Boulangerie, Wellfleet